Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mary Ellen Edmunds Dinner


On Wednesday, April 9, I was able to go to a dinner for the Mary Ellen Edmunds Nursing Chair. Some of the nursing students had the opportunity to go for free. The special guest was Kenneth Cope. He is absolutely amazing!! I had met him before when he performed at grandma's house, but I introduced myself again. He was so kind and thoughtful! His presentation was wonderful! He spoke a lot about how we are all children of God and need to develop a personal relationship with Him. It was evident he had that relationship. He performed a couple songs from his new album "All About You". They were called "Your Father's Child" and "Broken". He also sang his version of "Because I Have Been Given Much" and another song called "Come to Jesus". It was a great evening! I managed to catch him after the concert and he took a picture with me and signed my copy of his new album. I am so glad I had the opportunity to go!

No comments: